Before I get to posting that, I want to take a few minutes to say how grateful I am, to my friends, my family, my blog readers, to my coworkers, and my community. Each one has shaped me into who I am and I am so, so lucky for all that I have. So, thank you, to each of you for the love, support and encouragement.
I am also grateful for a loving partner and a beautiful and healthy daughter. Watching her learn and grow has been nothing short of amazing and inspiring; may we all look upon the world in as much wonder each day.
On that note, I'll leave you with my menu, enjoy!
- Wild mushroom and Organic Root Vegetable Stuffing (with chanterelles and black trumpeter mushrooms)
- A locally grown turkey, with sage, lemon and thyme
- Garlic thyme gravy, with a touch of lemon
- Sautéed broccolini with black trumpeter mushrooms and prosciutto
- Green beans with garlic and prosciutto
- Mashed potatoes with garlic and goat cheese
- Cranberry sauce with orange, cinnamon and calvados
- Pumpkin cheesecake
- The wildcard-celeriac soup, or mashed in with the potatoes...I'll decide this one on the fly!
- Sparkling cider and wine for mom and I, and a dark beer for Nick
All my best and love, this wonderful holiday season!
Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful, has fallen asleep in life.
-Robert Louis Stevenson